This new edition of Kaplan & Sadock’s Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment reflects the recent and widespread trends in psychiatric drug treatment and is essential for psychiatrists, psychiatry residents and fellows, and other medical professionals who need current information on psychopharmacology.
Kaplan & Sadock’s Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment offers updated and revised sections as well as new chapters with all of the latest drugs included. All of the drugs are listed alphabetically with an accompanying seven part section that includes everything from the drug’s name to its side effects and allergic reactions. The beginning of the book showcases a chart of drugs and the chapter where each drug is discussed. Additionally, the book features a classification system based on pharmacologic activity and mechanism of action as this approach is more commonly used in clinical settings.
• Updated and revised chapters, featuring the latest psychiatric drugs
• Classification system based on pharmacologic activity and mechanism of action to maximize efficiency
• Drugs listed alphabetically and sorted by chapter for easy, quick use
• Colored plates of major drugs used in psychiatry, their commercially available forms, and dose ranges for more efficient physician and patient recognition
• A new chapter on nutritional supplements as well as herb and plant preparations
• A new chapter focusing on managing obesity and counteracting the weight gain associated with the use of psychotropic drugs
Escribir Su propia reseña