Fundamentals of Medical Physiology provides an in-depth introduction to the principles of body function - and supplies clear clinical context to reinforce basic physiology concepts.
Each concise, easy-to-navigate section begins with an essential clinical case that helps guide you through every physiological system, all in stunning full color. At the end of every chapter, review questions relate what you just learned to different aspects of the case to make sure you fully understand the clinical applications of the underlying science.
Special features include:
- Thorough coverage of general models that recur throughout the field to give you a solid grounding in physiology
- USMLE-style questions online via the scratch-off code contained inside the book
- Case-based framework, including cases direct from the classroom which have been developed, tested, and refined over the past decade
- Some Things to Think About at the beginning of each chapter, comprehensive case analyses, and clear end-of-chapter summaries aid comprehension
- “Cause and effect” diagrams fully explain normal physiological mechanisms, pathophysiology, and provide case analysis
Specifically designed for first and second year medical students, this indispensable reference - ideal as a study aid for the USMLE - gives you all of the tools you need to apply physiology to medical practice.
Section 1 Foundations of Physiology
Section 2 Physiology of Nerves and the Autonomic Nervous System
Section 3 Physiology of Muscle
Section 4 Blood and Immune System
Section 5 Cardiovascular System
Section 6 Respiratory System
Section 7 Renal System
Section 8 Gastrointestinal System and Nutrition
Section 9 Endocrine System
Section 10 Reproductive System
Escribir Su propia reseña