Authors based at one of London’s leading centres for the study and treatment of HIV present a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the disease. Epidemiology and pathogenesis are illustrated, followed by coverage of new therapies for HIV infection and their side effects. Also discussed is the treatment of the numerous systemic and metabolic diseases that accompany, or result from, HIV infection such as cardiovascular disease, liver disease, neurologic disorders, opportunistic infections and malignancies. The authors also address the sensitive issues surrounding conception and pregnancy in couples affected by the disease.
* Comprehensive, illustrated guide to interventional therapies available for treating HIV infection and AIDS * Detailed sections discuss treatment for the wide range of diseases associated with HIV infection and its sequelae * Addresses challenging conditions involving malignant and neurological disease, and the difficulties in family planning when HIV is present
AJ Rodger, TW Mahungu, and MA Johnson, Royal Free NHS Trust, London, UK.
HIV and infection specialists * Clinical virologists * Public health professionals * Doctors in training
1. Introduction to HIV epidemiology and classification, TW Mahungu.
2. Pathogenesis of HIV infection, AM Geretti, C Booth, S Kinloch de Loes, C Cellerai.
3. Treatment of HIV infection, A Rodger, N Marshall, AM Geretti, C Booth.
4. Prevention & management of metabolic disease in HIV, D Nair, A Rodger.
5. Clinical management issues in HIV patients, A Rodger, TW Mahungu, M Heller, K Cwynarski, S Bhangani, J Green.
6. HIV & opportunistic infections, A Rodger, TW Mahungu, M Lipman.
7. Malignant disease, M Kronfli, C Collis, M Heller, K Cwynarski.
8. Reproduction & prevention, R Shah, TW Mahungu.
Escribir Su propia reseña