Get outstanding guidance from the world's most trusted reference on OB/GYN ultrasound. Now brought to you by lead editor Dr. Mary Norton, Callen's Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology has been completely and exhaustively updated by a team of obstetric, gynecologic, and radiology experts to reflect the most recent advances in the field. It addresses the shift in today's practice to acollaborative effort among radiologists, perinatologists, and OB/GYNs, with new emphasis placed on genetics and clinical management.This must-have resource covers virtually all aspects of fetal, obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound - from the common to the rare - in one essential clinical reference, allowing you to practice with absolute confidence.
• Highly templated, full-color format allows you to locate information more quickly.
• Full-color medical illustrations present key anatomic details in a clear manner.
• Thousands of digital-quality images depict the complete range of normal and abnormal imaging presentations.
New to this Edition
Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You'll also access 20 real-time ultrasound videos of the fetal heart and other structures.
Provides extensive updates of text and images, including the latest in imaging, Doppler techniques, genetic testing, and clinical management.
Brand new chapters provide up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of topics relevant to current practice:
-First Trimester Fetal Anatomy
-Obstetric Ultrasound and the Obese Patient
-Evaluation of Pelvic Pain in the Reproductive Age Patient
-Gynecologic Ultrasound in the Pediatric and Adolescent Patient
-Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Urogynecology
-The Role of Ultrasound in Gynecologic Interventions
Highlights significant new genetic testing content, including correlation with ultrasound evaluation of the fetus.
Places increased emphasis on 3-dimensional imaging and correlative imaging with magnetic resonance (MR).
Features new practice guidelines for obstetric evaluation (including first trimester assessment) and gynecologic management(including evaluation of the endometrium and of ovarian masses).
Features new information about fetal imaging guidelines from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development(NICHD).
Provides expanded discussion of fetal, obstetric, and gynecologic interventions with new emphasis on clinical use and application of ultrasound imaging.
Includes key and comprehensive reference data used for evaluation of fetal growth and other specialized measurements.
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION
"An outstanding book that should be readily available to anyone who performs and interprets obstetric and gynecologic sonography. It is well written, comprehensive, and totally up to date. The images are of top quality and numerous color plates are included. It is reasonably priced for such a compendium...I highly recommend this book to any medical professional who is serious about being the best and offering the most to patients undergoing obstetric and gynecologic sonography." - The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
SECTION I. Obstetrical Ultrasound
1. The Obstetric Ultrasound Examination
2. Genetics and Prenatal Diagnosis
3. First-Trimester Screening for Aneuploidy
4. The Second Trimester Genetic Sonogram
5. Fetal Syndromes
6. Ultrasound Evaluation During the First Trimester
7. Ultrasound Evaluation of Fetal Biometry and Normal and Abnormal Fetal Growth
8. Ultrasound Evaluation of Multiple Pregnancies
9. Ultrasound Evaluation of Normal Fetal Anatomy
10. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Neural Axis
11. Cranio-Facial and Neck Anomalies
12. The Fetal Musculoskeletal System
13. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Thorax
14. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Heart
15. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Abdominal Wall
16. The Fetal Genitourinary Tract
17. Ultrasound Evaluation of Hydrops Fetalis
18. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Cervix
19. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Placenta and Umbilical Cord
20. Amniotic Fluid Volume: Its Role in Fetal Health and Disease
21. Antepartum Fetal Assessment by Ultrasonography: The Fetal Biophysical Profile
22. The Role of Doppler Ultrasound in Obstetrics
23. The Role of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Obstetrics
24. The Role of 3-D Ultrasound in the Evaluation of the Fetus
25. The Prenatal Management of the Fetus With a Correctable Defect
SECTION II. Gynecologic Ultrasound
26. Normal Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
27. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Uterus / Endometrium
28. Abnormal Uterine Bleeding-The Role of Ultrasound
29. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
30. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Adnexa (Ovary and Fallopian Tubes)
31. Sonographic Imaging of Infertility
32. Ectopic Pregnancy
33. The Role of MRI in the Evaluation of Gynecologic Disease
34. Sonographic Evaluation of the Normal and Abnormal Breast
35. Artifacts, Pitfalls, and Normal Variants in Obstetrical and Gynecologic Ultrasound
A. Measurements Frequently Used to Estimate Gestational Age and Fetal Biometry
B. Measurements Used in Assessing Fetal Weights, Growth, and Body Proportions
C. Frequently Used Measurements for Amniotic Fluid and Fetal Doppler Assessment
D. Sonographic Detection of Chromosomal Abnormalities
E. Normal Measurements of the Uterus and Ovaries
F. Medications and Reported Associated Malformations
By Mary E Norton, MD, Professor, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Escribir Su propia reseña